Users can purchase tokens, which would be stored on their CU Link, and spend those tokens at the hostel facilities. Users should note the following important issues when purchasing tokens:
- Tokens are neither refundable, nor transferable. You should purchase only the amount you are able to spend.
- Tokens are stored on your CU Link. If you lose your CU Link, your tokens would be gone too.
- Tokens can only be used before your card expiration date.
- Due to accounting issues, tokens purchased at one college could only be spent at the hostels of the same college. That means, for example, tokens purchased at CC cannot be used at NA.
- Sometimes you need to purchase tokens from another college that you do not belong to. For example, a CC student stays in a NA hostel during the summer. It is possible to have 10 tokens for NA, 15 tokens for CC, etc. on the same card.