Administrative Rules and Regulations
2010-2011 Exchange Program
- JAS maintains and enforces strict attendance requirements all classes offered under the exchange programs of host universities. Failure to maintain good attendance may result in grade reduction and/ or denial of course credits.
- In addition to regular coursework, attendance is mandatory at occasional special events held by host universities during the academic year (e.g. orientation, opening and closing ceremonies etc.)
- In the case of an emergency (e.g. important message from relatives or exchange university), JAS is obliged to know the whereabouts of out-going students throughout their time on the exchange program. As such it is essential that students can be contacted at any time. Students who wish to travel within Japan for more than four days, or outside Japan for even a single day at any stage during their stay must therefore submit the “Travel Notification Form” to JAS at least THREE DAYS IN ADVANCE. In principle, travel during semester-time is discouraged since any class absences incurred without a valid reason might result in grade reduction. Sightseeing is not considered a valid reason.
- All out-going exchange students must settle all account payables for services enjoyed during the resident study like bills of telephone, public utilities, etc.
- All out-going exchange students must abide by Japanese Law during their stay in Japan.
- Students are requested to inform the Department if they take up any part-time jobs in Japan. The Department can therefore offer proper help if ad-hoc incident arises.
- You are representing the Department and the University thus you are abide by the Administrative Rules and Regulations of JAS. The Department may recall the student who is considered not following the guidelines or advice provided by the host university, from Japan.