Before you fill in and submit us the application form, you are advised to read this page and visit the website(s) of the respective programme(s) to which you wish to apply for admission for updates on the programme requirements.
You may either apply on-line or download a paper application form.
*Applicants should not submit more than one application form, or their applications will be disqualified.
You are advised to read the application guide before completing the application form as the guide contains important information and guidelines that will assist you in completing and submitting your application.
Before submitting your application, please make sure that you have fully completed (and signed your application, for paper application) and attach the following supporting documents:
(i) Copy of your Passport/ Other Identity Card/ Student Visa/ Kong Identity Card
(ii) Copies of academic transcripts and public examination results and other credentials.
- high school reports / transcripts and graduation certificate / diploma
- diploma / sub-degree transcripts and graduation certificate
- university transcripts / degree certificate
- result slip(s) of public examination(s) (e.g. GCE-AL / IB / SAT / AP / GCSE / IGCSE / GAO KAO / others). The University Code for College Board (for submission of SAT/AP results) is 5690.
- English / Chinese language test results (e.g.TOEFL / IELTS / others). The University Code for submission of TOEFL results is 0812.
- certificates in support of professional / academic achievements
(iii) Admission offer letter(s) from recognised university(ies) to which you have been offered admission for 2013 entry, where applicable.
(iv) Recommendation of an academic referee (in a sealed envelope), if not sent directly to the Office by the referee
(v) Receipt of application fee payment (e.g. ATM receipt)
You will need to pay a Non-refundable application fee (the online application fee is HK$300 and the paper application fee is HK$400 for 2013 entry) :
- via online payment by either VISA or MASTERCARD (available for online application ONLY), OR
- download the authorisation form of credit card payment and send us the original of the completed and signed form by post, OR
- a bank draft or bank cheque (in Hong Kong dollars, drawn on a bank in Hong Kong) made payable to "The Chinese University of Hong Kong" (please write your name, application number (if known) and contact number on the back or the bank draft / bank cheque), OR
- via ATM machine in Hong Kong at the Hang Seng Bank (account number: 293-005005-010) and send us the original receipt of payment (please write your name, application number (if known) and contact number on the back).
Applicants should check the status of their applications from late November 2012 onwards or four weeks after the submission of application, whichever is later.
For application and results notification timeline of the selection exercise for 2013 entry, please check here.