Admission with Advanced Standing
Applicants who meet specific requirements as stipulated by the University for particular qualifications (including GCE-AL, IB, Cambridge Pre-U, HKALE, associate degree/higher diploma) may apply for “Admission with Advanced Standing”. The minimum number of units for graduation for students admitted with Advanced Standing may be reduced by up to 24 (normative period of study may be reduced by up to one year).
Applicants will be required to indicate in the application form whether they would like to be considered for "Admission with Advanced Standing".
Applicants shall be eligible to apply for admission, if by 1 September of the year in which admission is sought, they possess any of the following qualifications:
GCE-AL/ IB/ Other high school qualifications
- GCE (passes 3AL/ 2AL+2AS in one sitting)
- International Baccalaureate Diploma (for preferred subject requirements of the programmes, please click here)
- A recognised non-local qualification which qualifies them for admission to a university in the country/region where such qualification is originated (e.g. high school diploma plus SAT/ AP in USA, UEC/ STPM in Malaysia, ATAR in Australia, OSSD in Canada, GSAT in Taiwan)
Click here for more information.
- Completed at least one year of undergraduate study at a recognised university
- Completed at least one year of study leading to the qualification of associate degree/higher diploma or its equivalent
- HKCEE, grade E or above in at least seven subjects; and
- HKALE, grade E or above in at least 2 AL and 2 AS subjects (one of the two AL subjects may be substituted by two additional AS subjects. AS subjects refer to all AS subjects under HKALE including Chinese Language & Culture and Use of English)
- mature persons aged 23 or above on 1 September in the year in which admission is sought, provided they are able to show either by publication or by other acceptable evidence that they have achieved sufficient competence in their chosen field of study to justify admission; or have shown exceptional ability in appropriate academic or professional fields
- Have other exceptional achievements which merit admission
Applicants should have attained an acceptable level of proficiency in the English and Chinese languages. Below are the minimum required scores or grades for some of the more common acceptable examinations.
Waiver of the Chinese language admission requirement may be granted, at the discretion of the Faculty Deans concerned, on the condition that the non-JUPAS applicant concerned should have pursued a curriculum leading to a recognised non-local qualification at secondary or above level prior to admission.
Requirements of the Programmes
In addition to satisfying the University requirements, applicants shall satisfy the additional requirements of the Programmes concerned.
Applicants will be considered on the basis of their education background and academic achievements, If they are invited to attend an interview, their performance at the interview will also be taken into consideration.